Deciding your future after obtaining the commercial pilot license is a natural and important step for your professional career. There are several options apart from being a professional airline pilot and in this post we give you a summary of the career opportunities for a commercial pilot.
Career opportunities with a commercial pilot license
If you’re passionate about aviation and have earned your commercial pilot’s license, you have a wide variety of career options in the aviation industry. Here are some career paths you might consider:
Airline pilot: this is probably the most obvious choice. As an airline pilot, you’ll be responsible for flying passenger and cargo planes on domestic and international routes. Airlines are usually looking for pilots with previous general aviation or military experience, so you’ll need to accumulate flight hours and obtain the necessary certification before being hired.
Corporate Pilot: Corporate pilots work for private or executive companies, flying planes to take company executives and employees to different locations. This job can be very rewarding, as it allows you to fly in high-end aircraft and visit exclusive destinations.
Cargo Pilot: Cargo pilots are responsible for transporting goods from one place to another. This job can be ideal for those who prefer to fly during night hours or who want more flexibility in their work schedules.
Training Pilot: As a training pilot, you will be responsible for teaching others how to fly. You may work in flight schools or commercial pilot training programs.
These are just a few of the many career options available to commercial pilots. With your commercial pilot license, you’ll have a wide range of possibilities to choose from – explore your options and find the perfect job for you!
Where to find a job?
If you are actively looking for a job with your commercial pilot license, there are several portals where you can find offers that may interest you.
Fly News: In this portal dedicated to aeronautics you will find all the information you need to start your professional career. Here you will be able to see all the news, novelties and updated commercial pilot job offers.
Linkedin: This is the employment social network with the most users. Here you can find job offers in the fields you are looking for, in addition to being able to connect with other profiles in the sector to keep up to date with the latest news and trends. You can find EAS on Linkedin to stay updated on the sector!
Infojobs: It is one of the job portals with more offers in Spain. In it they usually post offers of all kinds and you will surely find job offers that require your commercial pilot license.
How to find a job with a commercial pilot license?
If you are interested in finding work as a commercial airline pilot, there are several steps you can take to increase your chances of success. Here are some useful tips that can help you in your job search:
- Get the right qualifications – Before you look for work as a commercial pilot, you should make sure you have the right qualifications. This includes having a commercial pilot’s license, meeting flight experience requirements, having relevant certifications, and being up to date with required training and exams.
- Research the airlines: Find out which airlines are currently hiring and what specific requirements they have. Research their fleet of aircraft, their routes, and their hiring policies. This will help you focus your job search and help you present yourself as a well-informed candidate during interviews.
- Networking: A lot of hiring in the working world happens through networking. Talk to other pilots, attend events and job fairs, and connect with industry professionals online. Be sure to keep your social media profiles up to date and professional.
Prepare your resume and cover letter: Make sure your resume and cover letter stand out. Include relevant details about your education and experience, your technical and soft skills, and any notable accomplishments you’ve had. Tailoring your resume to each specific airline can also help you stand out.
- Prepare for the interview: If you are invited for an interview, make sure you are well prepared. Research the company, practice possible interview questions, and think about answers to common questions such as why you want to work for that particular airline.
- Persevere: The job search can be difficult and time-consuming. Don’t give up if you get rejections and keep working on improving your skills and experience. Eventually, you will find the right job for you.
In summary, finding work as a commercial airline pilot can be a long and challenging process, but there are several steps you can take to increase your chances of success. Get the right qualifications, research airlines, network, prepare your resume and cover letter, prepare for the interview, and persevere in your search.